Sunday, November 15, 2009

Crazy Bitch Alert

I recently joined an online mixtape club, and this entry is based on the theme of my first contribution. These are women musicians that follow their own lead. I focused mainly on solo artists with an emphasis on the experimental, obscure, and avant-garde, and the crossover into visual and performance arts. They represent the unapologetic female with an aggressive voice and originality in self expression that confronts societal constructs that tell women to behave a certain way. Their talent, style, and confidence challenge what society has deemed inappropriate, unfeminine or outside the "norm." These bitches and witches have a whole lot to say and the technical skill to fuel the engine. They sing with demonic passion and perform with a don't fuck with me attitude. They are the most innovative women in music. Download my mix, liner notes, and album art HERE.

KAREN FINLEY










DIAMANDA GALAS








YOKO ONO









Download my mix HERE.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Logan! I love what you're doing here. More! This is mothers milk blood deep.
    LOLALOLALOLALOLA!
    Yes. I'm burning in my palms.

    ReplyDelete